Askham Bryan Village Hall
Askham Bryan Village Hall was built in 1893 as a Methodist Chapel. After the chapel fell out of use, it was willed to the village in 1954 to be used as a clubhouse and to be run having regard to the principles of the Methodist Church. The Vicar, and churchwardens were appointed as trustees along with representatives from the Parish Council, the Parochial Church Council, the Women’s Institute and the Cricket Club.
In 1974, the Church resigned from their trusteeship, and a new constitution was formulated with the Charity Commission with Villagers as trustees. This Charity Scheme was further modified in 1999.
Askham Bryan Village Hall operates as a registered Charity.
It’s objects are:
the provision and maintenance of a village hall for the use of the inhabitants of the Civil Parish of Askham Bryan and the surrounding area without distinction of political, religious or other opinions, including use for meetings, lectures and classes, and for other forms of recreation and leisure-time occupation, with the object of improving the conditions of life for the said inhabitants
The land with the building is held in trust by the Charity Commission.
The hall is available for hire. A 52m2 main hall is joined to a 19m2 rear hall. The hall has a well fitted kitchen and three toilets including one disabled.
Hire rates are:
Village residents - £7 per hour
Non residents - £10 per hour
Enquiries should be made to the Bookings Secretary:
Dorothy Deighton, tel: 01904 704129
who will be pleased to help you.